As part of my training at the University of Gloucestershire, we were tasked with choosing a building and recreating it with as much accuracy as possible. Since no poly limits, texture set size limits or pretty much as constraints, I went as far as my PC would allow, by rendering the HSBC bank not far from my home.
Sitting at a "mere" 110,887 polygons, this would almost be game ready if it wasn't for the 4x 4k, 3x2k texture sets that made the building up. While getting this into a game ready format is an intriguing idea, a complete reunwrap would be needed to switch gears from just "looking good", to "optimized".
I think the results are really pleasing and I'm happy I took the time to really push myself and the hardware to the extreme under time constraints, with Marmoset being invaluable in capturing the final renders. While I wish I had the time to do the last sculpted details in Zbrush, the my time right now is non-exisitant with the hand in very soon. Wish me luck!